Frequently Asked Questions
You will be required to pay a deposit of 2 weeks rent if you are full-time employed and 4 weeks deposit if you are a student or unemployed. Your deposit will be protected by, Tenancy Deposit Scheme which is a government-authorised tenancy deposit protection scheme.
When reporting a repair please be ready to provide us with the following information:
- Your name, address and daytime telephone number
- Whether you have reported the repair before
- As much detailed information as possible about the problem.
Please contact our maintenance team to assist you, however there will be a charge for any visit. If you lost your key, you will be responsible for the cost to copy the keys and/or change the lock when needed.
We normally inspect properties every three months and you will be informed in advance to arrange a suitable time.
London City Rooms will manage your property and become your landlord. All points of contact will be between you and londoncityrooms.com Ltd.
You will be assigned a Letting Manager at the start of your tenancy. They will help you with situations that cannot be resolved directly by Maintenance or Administration.
The bills for gas, electricity, water, broadband and Council tax will be registered under londoncityrooms.com Ltd. However there is a limit per month which the company will pay for each property regarding gas and electricity. Any usage above the limit will be shared equally by each room. londoncityrooms.com ltd is responsible for any other bills including the cleaning service.
Although your contract is normally fixed for 6 months, we understand London is dynamic and you may need flexibility. We can agree that you may end your tenancy agreement earlier than contract end date, as long as you find an appropriate replacement. We also provide a service to assist with finding a replacement tenant, the service will be subject to a fee. We have to let you know that the change of tenancy involves administration work and additional check in/out service time.
Therefore we will charge you a small fee for this. The Letting Manager should be able to assist you to choose which option is the most suitable to your needs.
When you signed your tenancy agreement you agreed to give us at least one month written notice before leaving your home and to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. It is important that you keep to this agreement otherwise you may be charged extra rent, or have to pay for any extra work we have to carry out before new residents can move in.
- Give us at least ONE month written notice - When you intend to leave your home, you must give us at least ONE month written notice. This is a condition of your tenancy with us.
- Continue paying your rent - Please remember you are responsible for paying your rent up until the end of your tenancy, or until your keys are handed in, whichever is the latest.
- Inform others - You will be required to leave a forwarding address and contact number for forwarding any received postage after you left.
- Clean your home when you move - Please leave your room and common area in the same condition as you found it in. Repairs that are needed and are not your responsibility must be reported to us during your tenancy. Otherwise, we will charge you for the extra cleaning or repairs work.
- Hand in your keys to London City Rooms and notify us of your bank details where you want the deposit to be returned. - You must return the keys of your property to our head office at 258 mount pleasant road N17 6EZ LONDON You will be liable for rent until all keys are returned to us. If you do not hand in your keys by 11am you will be required to pay another full week's rent. Before you leave, please make the property safe by locking all the doors. If you have window keys, please lock the windows and leave the window keys in the property.
- Final inspection - We will inspect the property within 1 working day of receiving the keys and will conduct an inventory as part of the checkout process.
- Returning your deposit - If you have a deposit or rent paid in advance, this will be returned to you within 14 days once we ensure that your bills have been paid, and that there are no rent arrears or unpaid fees on your account and there is no damage to the property
Subject to the agreement, you are not able to have additional sets of keys cut. Details will be held on file, and keys must be returned at the end of the tenancy.
Subject to the provisions of the Agreements NO.